I’m… feeling ill. Ugh. I don’t know why my colds and cough just suddenly worsened last night, so… I’m taking medicines today. Sheesh. Haha.
Buuuut, anyway, I think I did… a pretty okay job tonight. 🙂
The game contains 911 dialogue blocks, containing 6,604 words and 34,969
characters, for an average of 7.2 words and 38 characters per block.
The game contains 4 menus, 0 images, and 12 screens.
Yippie! The current stats make me happy, lol, although the game is still far from done. But I’m glad for so many things today. 🙂
Haha, I’m so glad that I’m gonna share something personal. Loool. I just got the news that I passed the entrance exam for my country’s top university! Yay! I didn’t even think I had a chance. Whew. Thank goodness for that. ❤
Second, Hapuki made some really awesome sketches of the characters! Lookie!
Still, everything comes with its own problems, and this project is not an exception. Haha. For most of my free time, all I did was to write, but I ever since yesterday, I have also wasted so many hours because of writer’s block. 😦 Here are the three common problems why I have trouble writing.
1. The story isn’t coherent enough.
I feel like I’m just rambling on and on without an actual plot. I mean, there’s the whole theme, Vince’s abduction right, but I just realized that it’s hard to include the romantic and festive bits when the protagonist is constantly worried of her little brother. Oh gosh. I still haven’t found a way to go around this.
2. I’m having difficulties with the mystery element.
Seasons of Love has mystery elements to it, but at least, that makes sense. There are reasons there and people involved, plus, it’s a fantasy/sci-fi story, so I can be creative. But in this one? It has to be realistic. It has to be believable enough for people to actually buy (not literally) the story. And that’s my problem. 🙂 I can’t think of a conflict serious enough and yet… not that serious to include in the plot. Argh. I wanted to make this a fluff. Just a fluff. And now… *sigh* What am I doing. 😦
3. Routes and flags are driving me crazy, again.
I just finished making Jake’s starting route, and… well, I think I did a pretty good job on it. But then, I forgot about the “else:” part in that route, and I realized that I had to make a whole new plotline for that route. Ugh. 🙂 But this is more of a minor problem than anything. After all, I’m a fan of the… “every choice affects everything” kind of thing, so, yeah.
But I’m not giving up! Ha. I will persevere… and I know that one of these days.. this project will come into fruition. Wooooo. 🙂 And I’m really excited for that day. ❤